Handmade smiles for you!

Monday 8 February 2016

Crochet Bookmark Pattern

I love small projects which are stash busting and easy to make with in a few hours, sometimes minutes. Last month on our way to grocery shopping I saw big paper clips and they were jumping up and down, singing "buy me, buy me, you will make amazing stuff with me". :) I couldn`t resist their cute song and before my husband noticed, they were in the shopping basket hiding under some lemons.

Sometimes I need inspiration to start the projects I want to make. I need to find the right flower / leaf pattern or the right stitch to start with. It usually takes time until it clicks and after that comes the production process.
The paper clips were always in front of my eyes and every idea came to my mind didnt seem very good. I wanted to start with a flower bookmark but none of the flower patterns were good for me at that time. I also wanted it to be unique, not just random bookmark. Then one day.. YAY!! I found it and started making tiny dresses and sewing them on the paper clips. I love it! If you want to make your own bookmark, here is the pattern for it. If you want to buy from me, you can find them on my shop. 


Materials : 
2.00 mm crochet hook
double knitting yarn
big paper clips or ribbon
1- chain 15, join in the first chain to make a circle.
2- make 30 single crochet in the circle.
3- make 1 double crochet in each stitch.
4- chain3, (skip next 6 stitch, in the 7th make double crochet and on the each next 8 st make 1 double crochet)* repeat * 2 times. Slip stitch in the top of ch3 (18 stitches)
5- ch2, on each stitch make 2 double crochet. (36 stitches)
1 double crochet on each stitch. (36 stitches)
6- ch2, (1 double crochet, on the next stitch 2 double crochet)* Repeat * to the end. (54 stitches)
7- (ch3, slip stitch in the same stitch, on the next 5 stitches make 1 single crochet)* Repeat * to the end for picot edging. 
8- Sew the dress on the paper clip or ribbon to make a bookmark.

PS: If you join the mail list, you will be the first to hear about the new items with discount codes. :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what yarn to buy for this project. Help please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use double knitting yarn, such as Patons DK, Sirdar Cotton Dk.. I used Alize Diva which you can buy from http://yarnstreet.com/ It is %100 acrylic but feels and looks like mercerized yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would size 10 crochet thread work good for this? THANK you and God Bless,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you use a suitable hook for your thread, it will work out fine. But size of finished ite will change

    ReplyDelete
  5. how you are going to sew onto the paper clip?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© Woolly Smile, AllRightsReserved.